DID YOU KNOW?
- You should report streetlight problems to the Buhler City office at 620-543-2253.
- Sidewalk maintenance is the property owners responsibility.
- Trees are to be trimmed 8' above the surface of the street or sidewalk.
- Snow is to be removed from the sidewalks within 24 hours after snowfall ends.
- Dogs are to be registered ANNUALLY with the City.
- Curbside single-stream recycling will begin March 2010. Additional information and a schedule are available at the Buhler City Office.
- Free gun locks are available at the City Office.
- Seatbelts save lives. Keep your kids buckled up.
|Water, Sewer & Refuse
||City of Buhler
Utility Payment Drop @ 219 N. Main
||Kansas Gas Service
||IdeaTek - 102 N Main www.idkcom.net
BUHLER CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS:
- Last Tuesday of the month at the City Hall (219 N. Main) at 7:00 pm
- The following items are available by contacting the City Offices at 543-2253.
- Rental of the Community Room at 219 N. Main and of the Albert Becker Park shelter at Buhler Road and Avenue B.
- Public Service announcements on the Cable Channel 15 and on the Community Sign.
- A zoning permit must be completed before starting construction on your property. Please contact the City Offices at 543-2253 for additional information.
- To comply with City Ordinance, residents must contact the City Office to have water turned on or off at the meter. Emergencies are the only exception.
- Semi-monthly water system testing, results and reporting are in compliance with the State of Kansas.
- INDIVIDUALS TAMPERING WITH METER BOXES ARE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES
CITY ULTILITY PROBLEMS:
- Please report all water or sewer problems to the City Office immediately. If an emergency occurs after hours or on a weekend, please contact 543-2761.
- Operated under State of Kansas Permit #1029, the dump site is for compost and brush only. Dumping of unauthorized materials could result in the closing of the facility.
- Please contact the City Office to sign out a key.
- Trash fires are prohibited within the corporate city limits of Buhler.
WATER HYDRANT FLUSHING:
- April 4th-7th and October 3rd-6th
- Water hydrants will be flushed on the above dates. Please mark your calendar to avoid any laundry day problems.
- The connection of sump pumps for the purpose of discharging underflow into the sewer system is prohibited by regulations.
DOG VACCINATION & REGRISTRATION:
- In April every year
- The annual Vaccination and Registration Clinic will be held at the City Building, 219 N. Main, at the rear of the building on Thursday, April 14 from 6:30 pm until 8:00 pm and on Saturday, April 16 from 9:00 am until 11:00 am. Dr. Mike Bridge from Prairie Vista Veterinary Hospital will be giving the vaccinations. All dogs within the city limits must have a rabies vaccination and be registered with the city. The registration is free at this time. The rabies vaccination will cost $7.00 and payable to PVVH. Other vaccinations will be available at this time for an additional fee. The City of Buhler also encourages you to have your cat vaccinated and Dr. Bridge wil have cat vaccinations available during this time. For safety purposes, please have dogs on leashes and cats in a box or carrier. While waiting in line, please keep a safe distance from other pets to avoid any problems.
You may register your dog, at no cost, at City Hall anytime during the month of April, with proof from your vetrinarian of a current rabies vaccination. Please do not bring your pet with you. A $5.00 charge will be assessed for registration after the month of April. If you have just moved into the City or if you have acquired a new dog that has reached the age of 5 months, you given 30 days to obtain registration. Unregistered dog fines are $25.00 per dog plus court costs.
City ordinance requires that your yard be kept clean of fecal matter. Do not allow your do to run at large, fines start at $25 plus court cost.
CITY WIDE SPRING CLEAN UP:
* First Saturday in May
* Buhler City Employees, Stutzman Refuse Disposal and Buhler Kiwanis Club will conduct the Annual Spring Cleanup. All items must be at the curb
by 7:00 am. Please keep items separated with one grouping for the city landfill (tree brush, lumber and grass & leaves which must be bagged)
and one for the Reno County landfill.
* Your items will not be collected if you do not separate.
* No appliances, hot water tanks, tires, cement, paint or chemicals will be accepted but there may be a seperate location in town to deposit these items
* Stutzman Refuse Disposal will not be responsible for items that are not collected on Saturday and items left for Monday's trash collection will be
assessed directly by SRD.
STUTZMAN REFUSE DISPOSAL:
* Carts need to be placed curbside by 7:00 am every Monday. If Monday is one of the following holidays, collection will be made on the following
o New Year's Day
o Martin Luther King Day
o Memorial Day
o 4th of July
o Labor Day
o Veteran's Day
o Christmas Day
Residents that habitually leave additional trash may be required to obtain a second cart.
Curbside single stream recycling will begin March 2110. Additional information is available at the Buhler City Office.
CITY WIDE GARAGE SALE:
- The Buhler Chamber of Commerce will conduct the annual City Wide Garage Sale. The sale will be the second Saturday in May. Forms to register in the sale are available at the Post Office, Joey's Diner, Buhler City Office and Bartel Kitchen & Bath.